Fairfield University Celebrates Reunion Weekend
Fairfield University alumni, family and friends reunited, reminisced and celebrated at the annual Fairfield University Reunion Weekend held June 10-12. Alumni from the classes of '71, '76, '81, '86, '91, '96, '01, '06, '11 and all Golden Stags (classes of 1951-1965) were invited back to campus to celebrate Reunion. Over 1,600 alumni and guest attended from all classes.
Reunion Weekend featured a full schedule of activities that included class specific get-togethers at local restaurants, a “What’s New at Fairfield” session and tour of the RecPlex, the annual Fun Run, a campus tour with Rev. Charles Allen, S.J., the popular "Taste of Fairfield" Food Fair and Stags Beerfest, plus the very special Wedding Vow Renewal Ceremony, Reunion Weekend Mass and Reunion Dinner Dance under the big tent on Bellarmine Lawn.
An integral component of this enjoyable weekend —10 alumni-owned businesses provided:
- Pint Glasses: Pam Shrader Humphreys ’90; Proforma Shrader and Shrader
- T-Shirts: Mark Resnick ’94; The Artcraft Company
- Coconut Sugar: Maria Felix ’91; Connecticut Coconut Company
- Sound System and DJ for Dinner Dance: Joe Polletta ’11; DJ International
- Beer and Vodka: Jason Harman ’96; Cisco Brewery and Triple Eight Distillery
- Beer: Tom Sobocinski ’14 and Mike Egmont ’95; Black Hog Brewery
- Food Truck: Tom Sobocinski ’14; The Cheese Truck
- Food Truck: Pat Cole ’95; Milford Soft Serve Ice Cream Truck
- Beer: Nick Califano ’06; Yonkers Brewing Company
- Friday Reception: Mike Brennan ’96; Brennan’s Shebeen
Special thanks to photography services from Pretty Instant
Maria Bolis, Director of Reunions, said “The great turnout and mostly spectacular weather combined to make it an especially memorable Reunion Weekend. We look forward to welcoming alumni back to campus next year.”
Save the Date!
Golden Stags and Classes of ’72, ’77, ’82, ’87, ’92, ’97, ’02, ’07 and ’12, save the date for your Reunion, June 9-11, 2017!
Check out our listings of alumni food ventures